101 North Peabody Avenue
Mountain View, Arkansas, 72560
Join us for our Second Sundays Songwriter’s Circle to be held each month that will be led by local musician Charley Sandage. This event will be held monthly on the second Saturday of each month starting January 11, 2020 from 3pm – 5pm. This is a donation based offering with a suggested donation of a minimum of $5 per person.
Whether you are musical by nature or tone-deaf, this event is OPEN TO EVERYONE, but may be of particular interest to those who:
- Enjoy Listening to singer / songwriters play and craft music
- Have an interest in learning or developing your own original songwriting, lyrical, and/or musical skills
- Are an experienced songwriter who wants to offer or receive creative feedback from others that are interested in the craft
- Enjoy being in a like-minded community with other song crafters
- Are looking for something fun to do on Second Saturdays
- Want to support the Arkansas Craft School’s expanded 2020 programming
The afternoon will be structured in two parts. The first part “Give & Take” will take place for the first hour, where songwriters choose songs to play for one another for purposes of obtaining feedback and assistance in working through songs. The second part “Performances” will take place in the second hour (& possibly beyond!) in which original songs are performed by those in attendance at the event! Participants are encouraged to bring lead sheets, lyric sheets, chords and instruments! The ACS has a keyboard available on-site for use at this event. Acoustic or traditionally oriented music is welcome. Feel free to bring drinks and snacks to share!
Tuition: $5 minimum suggested donation